Girlguiding is on the lookout for volunteers in and around Felixstowe to help enrich the lives of local girls and young women. 4th Walton Brownies and other groups in the area have become so popular they need more volunteers to help give even more girls the amazing opportunities available through guiding.
In particular, we need volunteers for the following:
• Tuesday early evening at Nacton Brownies
• Wednesday early evening at 4th Walton Brownies
• Wednesday evening at 1st Walton Guides
• Thursday evening at 2nd Walton Guides,
All units enjoy a hugely varied, girl-led programme of activities, incorporating everything from world issues and science to adventure sports, social action and most of all fun.
Girlguiding welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds, abilities and faiths. From running a group to giving just one or two hours a month, volunteering is very flexible and can fit around a busy lifestyle. There are no specific qualifications required but you will need the following:
• Be over 18
• Be reliable and trustworthy
• Have a sense of humour
• Enjoy working with young people
• Have an open and approachable manner
• Able to undertake a DBS (previously known as CRB)
• Provide two non-related individuals who can give a reference for your suitability to work with children
There are a huge number of ways volunteers can support girls in guiding, from training as a Leader to smaller supporting roles including accounting or skill sharing.
Cynthia & Leanne said: “Give it a go if you want a rewarding challenge – every meeting and event is different: fun, tears and laughter.
If you’d like to find out more about volunteering with Girlguiding please contact: Judith Potter, Division Commissioner;
E-mail: email@example.com or Tel: 01394 448574
Girlguiding is committed to offering all girls and young women aged five to 25 the opportunity to grow in confidence and discover their full potential. Volunteers help girls and young women enjoy a wide range of exciting activities, as well as acquiring new skills and experiences themselves.
photo courtesy of @girlguidinguk